Friday, October 17, 2008

Sam Raimi Talks About Spider-Man 4 & 5


"This Is So Going In My Blog,"

There have been plenty of talk surrounding the Spider-Man franchise. Who will direct? Will the cast come back for another go? Is it gonna be 2 movies shot simultaneously? I know all you Spider-Man fans out there are all anxiously waiting to see if this web-head's gonna be swinging through our screens again. Well then, put your geek caps on cuz today I've got some news for you. MTV News caught up with Sam Raimi and asked him to shed some light on the matter. 

Here are the highlights of the interview:

"I'm really excited about Spider-Man, and I'm hoping to direct it," he cautioned. "I don't have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I'm guessing. It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place."

By his own admission, “Spider-Man 3” was an exhaustive film to shoot, but Raimi is confident he can handle the double duty. “It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be,” he marveled, hinting that “4” and “5” would be very closely linked in storyline. “If Tobey and me, and all the producers, like the story for two pictures and Amy wanted to do it, then we would do it. It just hasn’t been written yet.”


Finally, Raimi offered comment on the wishes of fans (and yours truly) to finally let Dylan Baker’s storyline come to fruition. “He’s a great actor, and I think one day The Lizard’s story will be told,” he teased, referring to Baker’s Curt Connors character. “I don’t know if it will be this one or not. I just don’t know. I’m definitely hoping to work with Dylan in the picture. I just don’t know who the villain is yet.”

What do you think? Comment!!

For the complete interview: MTV Interview

"True Story"

0 comments: