Sunday, December 7, 2008

Manny Pacquiao Triumphs!!


It's days like these that make me proud to be Pinoy!! Underdog Manny Pacquiao triumphs over adversity today as he defeats legendary boxer Oscar De La Hoya! "The Dream Match" was definitely a dream match for Manny today!!!!

Manny Pacquiao was considered the underdog of the fight according to some analysts. Some said that Oscar's size, reach, experience and chin made Manny the most likely candidate to lose.

However, the fight ended when Oscar and his corner threw in the towel after round 8. Manny was ahead on all the judges' scorecards. Two judges scored the bout at 80-71, and 79-72.

Manny's trainer Freddy Roach was quoted saying: "We knew we had him after the first round. He had no legs, he was hesitant and he was shot."

De La hoya was quoted saying: "My heart still wants to fight, that's for sure," De La Hoya said. "But when your physical doesn't respond, what can you do? I have to be smart and make sure I think about my future plans."

Manny has officially, without a shadow of a doubt put The Philippines on the map!! I gotta say, when this fight was announced, I was really skeptical about Manny winning, but I was proven wrong!! Now I wonder, who's next?!? It almost seems like Manny Pacquiao can do no wrong!! Today is definitely a day of celebration for us Pinoys, so head out, grab a beer, and drop a few bottles!!

What do you think? Comment!

"Mastermind Mikko, signing out"

0 comments: