Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jason Returns On Friday The 13th


"This Is So Going In My Blog,"

The infamous hockey mask killer is back, and this time, he's faster, smarter, and more efficient. Platinum Dunes, who remade The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is back again with another remake. This time, they've decided to remake the story of legendary Jason Voorhees.  This film will basically be a remake of the original 1980 film, but also serve as a reboot of the franchise. The movie will be directed by Marcus Nispel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), produced by Michael Bay, and star Jared Padalecki (CW's Supernatural) and Amanda Righetti (The O.C.). It is said that the movie will take elements from the first three films. Friday The 13th will be released on February 13th (Friday), 2009.

The Plot:

The plot will basically talk about Jason Voorhees' story. Why he became what he is, as well as talk about where the iconic hockey mask came from. In the original 1980 film, Jason only appeared in the end as a child, as the movie centered around his mother, Pamela Voorhees. This movie will also talk about her briefly, but will mainly revolve around Jason.

Friday The 13th Teaser: 


Bottom Line:

I've got two words for this post: "Hellz Yeah!!!!" I have been a fan of this franchise since I was a little kid. I know, it's freaky, but true! I have seen every installment, from the first in 1980, and all the way to Freddy vs Jason in 2003. I've even dressed up as Jason for Halloween! Jason in my opinion is by far the coolest slasher out there! Screw Freddy, screw Leatherface, and screw Michael Myers!! Those guys are cool in their own way, but not nearly as iconic as Jason! When you see a hockey mask, you immediately think of Jason. If that isn't legendary status to you guys, then I don't know what is! Anyways, I know for a fact that this movie will kick ass. I mean, I don't even have to think about it. I'm there opening day with my popcorn in hand, drink by my side, and hockey mask on my face! Hahahaha!

By the way, I'll post the HQ version of the teaser as soon as it's released.

What do you think? Comment!!

"True Story"

0 comments: