Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blackberry Storm: iPhone Killer?


"This Is So Going In My Blog,"

Blackberry is gearing up to release their first touchscreen handset, "The Blackberry Storm."  Many sites have tossed the term, "iPhone Killer" around so I wonder, will it live up to its hype? Well let's talk about this phone for a bit so you can decide.


The "Blackberry Storm" will come with a 3.25 inch-display with a resolution of 360 x 480 pixels (slightly better than the iPhone), quad-band GSM support, Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, and a 3 megapixel camera which has video capabilities, plus a fluid interface ready to take on the iPhone head on.

A recent powerpoint presentation has leaked on the internet which further goes into details about this handset. It seems that it will feature a copy-paste functionality, and will feature the "Berry Store." An application store similar to that of the iPhone's.


All this probably sounds good to you guys huh? Well, I gotta admit, it does. BUT, I'll save my judgements til an actual hands-on experience. Why? Because sites like Gizmodo have already gotten their hands on a unit and have cited some complaints. One annoyance they have cited is that while typing, the letters are highlited blue instead of enlarging it. This may pose as a proble for people with fairly large fingers. 

Here is Blackberry Storm's Launch Video:


So what do you guys think? Are you guys convinced that this is the phone to take down the iPhone? Personally, I'm not convinced. I need to see more. While it does have features that the iPhone lacks, I wonder about its OS. Anyways, this phone is sold exclusively at Verizon in the U.S., but I'm sure we Filipinos will find a way to have it sent our way!

iPhone Killer Or No? Comment!!

"True Story"

0 comments: