Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PS3 Slim in the Philippines?!



For the gamers out there, I'm sure you've already heard, the PS3 Slim has been spotted in the Philippines, coincidentally where we're from. I know, I know, we're late on the news, but I've actually been following a thread on the Pinoyps.com site (local PS3 forum) for updates and someone was actually supposed to check it out yesterday so I was hoping to wait for the news and post it here right away. But it seems that someone bought it before our contact could check it out.



For those who are still in the dark, news thus far is that the one who was selling it said it came from the States and now, the unit has been sold to someone for around P22k ($460), most likely to be re-sold at a much higher price (that's the way the Philippines works). A group of curious cats on the pinoyps.com forum have said that they will go today and look for it, finally validating whether or not this is a hoax.

BUT, since this is Vantage, it's never complete without our point of view... and I call BULLSHIT! Although I dont really need to explain myself, I will anyway. Some of my major arguments is that if it is indeed out, leaked, stolen or whatever, and is in the hands of someone out there, why hasn't Sony said anything? This news is out on probably all the major gaming sites, yet Sony has kept quiet. Why? Cuz its probably fake! If its already out and someone has it, how can Sony not acknowledge or confirm it when its already in someones hands? And out of all the places in the world for it to be leaked, why the Philippines? I mean no offense to our country, cuz after all, its my home too, but why not China, Japan or Korea? Correct me if im wrong, but aren't PS3's made in Japan or China? Why would it be leaked in the States and go as far as to be brought here?

Another argument is that hey, this is the Philippines, the land of fake stuff! There are PSP hand held look-a-likes that aren't real, Vii's, iPhones that claim to be iPhones but are fake, Nokia 6300's from China that hella look like the real deal, and even a Nokia N98.... yeah, N98, what the F#@K is that?! And for the guy who has it not to post pics or something on the net is also very suspicious.

Another thought is that it could be a "re-pack." What I mean by that is that someone got a hold of the fake/leaked casing from a few months ago, and just transfered the internals of the original PS3 into that one. Also maybe switching out the harddisk to a bigger one and making the power supply external, much like the PS2 Slim.

Anyway, I could go on and on about why I call this one a big hoax, but hey, I COULD be wrong. These are just my reasons why I don't think its real. I've gotta see it to believe it. Anyway, only time will tell, after those who have ventured to the land of the fakes to look for the coveted Slim PS3.

0 comments: