Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Food Trip: Cyma Greek Taverna



So last Sunday, me and my family decided to head over to Eastwood Mall and eat at the much talked about Cyma Greek Taverna. There was a lot of talk about this place so it was a must that we tried it!

Let's start with the overall look of the restaurant and its ambiance. The restaurant itself is pretty small. They offer a few tables inside, and a few more on the outside. During its peak hours, be ready to wait a few minutes to be seated cuz it does get pretty full. The ambiance of the place is pretty cozy, and the overall decoration of the resto is pretty greek-ish. Eating in the outside area is not as bad as it may seem since the breeze keeps everyone pretty comfortable.

Now on to the food. Now I have heard some pretty bad comments about Greek food, so I was a little uneasy going into this place. I really didn't know what to expect to be honest. But much to my surprise, they actually offered dishes very similar to that of Persian food, which I am a huge fan of. They had dishes lie kebabs and gyros (very similar to a shawarma). For my apetizer, I ordered Cyma's popular dish called, Saganaki.This dish is basically melted cheese that u place on four pieces of bread. The fun thing about this dish is that upon arriving at your table, the waiters all yell "Opa" which means "cheers" in Greek. This dish was actually really good. I could see why it was so popular. However, this dish is actually meant for more than one person in my opinion, cuz the taste does start to get boring after awhile, and four pieces of bread is just too much! Hahaha! For my main course, I ordered the Steak Shish-Kabob. This dish is pretty similar to its Persian conterpart. It's served in a skewer with pita bread, and it comes with the yogurt sauce that most Persian retaurants offer. This dish to me was excellent!! I absolutely loved it! With the addition of their hot sauce, this dish was pretty much everything I expected! This is definitely something I recommend for those who wanna try out this place!

I give the food here a solid 8/10 rating.

Here are some shots:



"Chicken Shish-Kabob"


"Steak Shish-Kabob"


"Saganaki"

Now let's talk price. The pricing of this place is actually not bad. I mean the most expensive dish costs about 600+ pesos, so if you were to bring about P1,500, you could actually have a pretty decent meal. The Saganaki costs P200, and the Kabobs cost about P300-400.

Cyma is definitely brings us a new flavor, a restaurant that pulls us away from the usual Chinese and Japanese restaurants. With prices that could cater to all classes, I totally recommend this for everyone!

Visit the CYMA WEBSITE

CYMA is located at the 2nd level in Eastwood Mall.

Contact them at 709-1955.

What do you think? Comment!!

END OF POST

0 comments: